Call to Action for Senate Co-Sponsors (Nov 9-13, 2018)
Ohio Veterinary Nurse Initiative
HB 501 is still awaiting a vote in the Ohio House. In order to speed up the process on the legislation, we are introducing a Senate companion bill to HB 501. The Senate bill has not yet been introduced and does not have a bill number. However, the sponsor of the soon-to-be-introduced Senate bill, Senator Matt Huffman, is currently circulating a co-sponsor request to his colleagues in the Senate.
We are asking for your help to get YOUR senator to sign on as a co-sponsor of the bill. Please email your Senator (instructions on how to find out who that is are below) and ask him/her to co-sponsor Senator Matt Huffman’s veterinary nurse legislation.
To find out who your Ohio Senator is:
- Go to www.legislature.ohio.gov
- On the right side of the home page, look for the box entitled “Find My Legislators”
- Enter your zip code +4 It is essential that you enter the +4 digits since it will narrow the search down to your exact legislators. If you don’t know your extra 4 digits, there is a link on that page to the postal service website which will help you find them). Once you’ve entered your zip +4, click on “Submit”
- You will then see the name of your Senator.
- Click on the Senator’s name. This will bring up his/her legislative website.
- On the right side of the page, look for the Senator’s contact information. You will see the Senator’s telephone number for their Columbus office. You will also see a link that says, “Email Senator X.” Click that link and it will take you to the email contact form.
- Be sure to include your address on the form; this is how the Representative knows that you are a constituent. It is also a good idea to mention that you are a constituent in the body of the email.